OUUF Education Program for Children
We provide children an opportunity to explore, reflect, and learn in a nurturing spiritual community.
Unitarian Universalist religious education programs offer:
- Ethical growth – internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth – connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level.
- Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth – feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
Religious education programs include more than classes.
Our Children’s Director of Education designs each Sunday’s instruction programs around the Unitarian Universalists seven Principles as they relate to children:
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
Children’s religious education programs are offered on Sunday mornings.
Children present their songs and projects at the 4th Sunday Service of the month.
A song during service in July 2018
We invite you to explore these pages and contact our Directors of religious education to get connected.
Children’s Director of Religious Educational – Cynthia Green
Children’s Stories Coordinator – Dana Casey