CRE Principal #7 Writing Prompts
The respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
The following questions are writing prompts for the CRE Grades 4+ class. They are designed to use critical thinking to examine each principal. Each question shows the Bloom’s Taxonomy level.
- What does it mean to respect the interdependent web of all existence? How does it relate to our relationship with the natural world and with other living beings? (Analysis)
- What are some examples of ways that we might not be respecting the interdependent web of all existence? How do these actions impact the natural world and the other living beings with whom we share the planet? (Analysis)
- How can we work to respect the interdependent web of all existence? What specific actions can we take as individuals, and what role do governments and institutions play in promoting this respect? (Evaluation)
- What are some of the challenges and obstacles to respecting the interdependent web of all existence? How can we overcome these challenges and create a more sustainable and just relationship with the natural world? (Synthesis)
- Reflect on a time when you may not have respected the interdependent web of all existence. How did it make you feel? How can you ensure that you act with respect for the natural world in the future? (Reflection)