CRE Principle #3 Writing Prompts
Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth within a congregation
The following questions are writing prompts for the CRE Grades 4+ class. They are designed to use critical thinking to examine each principal. Each question shows the Bloom’s Taxonomy level.
- What does it mean to accept one another within a congregation? How does acceptance differ from tolerance? How can acceptance promote spiritual growth? (Analysis)
- What are some examples of ways that people may be excluded or not fully accepted within a congregation? How do these actions impact individuals and the community as a whole? (Analysis)
- How can a congregation create an environment that promotes acceptance of all members? What specific actions can be taken to foster a culture of inclusion and respect? (Evaluation)
- What role do leaders of a congregation play in promoting acceptance and encouraging spiritual growth? How can members of a congregation support and hold leaders accountable for creating a welcoming and inclusive community? (Synthesis)
- Reflect on a time when you may have excluded or not fully accepted someone within your congregation. How did it make you feel? How can you ensure that you act with acceptance and compassion in the future? (Reflection)