CRE Principal #1 Writing Prompts
The inherent worth and dignity of all people
The following questions are writing prompts for the CRE Grades 4+ class. They are designed to use critical thinking to examine each principal. Each question shows the Bloom’s Taxonomy level.
- What are some examples of actions or behaviors that show a lack of respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all people? How do these actions or behaviors impact individuals and society as a whole?” (Analysis)
- How can we as a society promote and uphold the inherent worth and dignity of all people? What specific steps can we take to ensure that all individuals are treated with respect and equality? (Evaluation)
- Imagine a world where the inherent worth and dignity of all people is fully recognized and respected. What would this world look like? What changes would need to happen for this vision to become a reality? (Synthesis)
- What are some of the historical and current challenges to recognizing and upholding the inherent worth and dignity of all people? How have individuals and groups worked to overcome these challenges and promote equality and justice? (Analysis)
- Reflect on a time when you may have acted or spoken in a way that did not fully respect the inherent worth and dignity of all people. How did this make you feel? How can you ensure that you behave differently in the future? (Reflection)